This Award was developed to both promote and recognize new and existing Alumni Committees within the Council.
How to Get the Award
To earn the Outstanding Council Alumni Committee Award, the council must certify completion of requirements 1 to 3, and at least two additional requirements within a calendar year.
- Sponsor one alumni event specifically engaging non-active, unregistered alumni.
- Collaborate closely with a specific group in your council (e.g., NESA committee, Silver Beaver, Order of the Arrow lodge, Wood Badge staff, etc.), aiding them in alumni outreach efforts by engaging as many unregistered alumni as possible within the group for a specific group activity (e.g., Gathering of Eagles, council recognition dinner, OA annual banquet, Wood Badge reunion, etc.)
- Publish and distribute an alumni-centric communication (e.g., newsletter, social media page, webpage) a minimum of six times a year to as many alumni (registered and unregistered) in your council as possible.
- Hold a minimum of four committee meetings.
- At least one registered Scouter earned the BSA Alumni Award.
- Recruit at least one new active member for the council alumni committee.
- Assist two active National Affiliate or Career-Based Affinity groups within your council with their alumni outreach efforts.
- Make a presentation about council alumni activities to your council Executive Board.
- Support a minimum of two units in organizing and implementing a unit alumni event.
- Discuss potential, well-qualified nominees for the Council Alumnus of the Year Award. If a qualified nominee is identified, submit a nomination for Council Alumnus of the Year Award on behalf of the deserving alumnus.
These requirements must be completed within a calendar year. The request for Distinguished Council Alumni Committee recognition or Outstanding Council Alumni Committee recognition must be submitted by December 31st to the BSA Alumni Association to: BSAAlumni@scouting.org
The council and each member of a Distinguished Council Alumni Committee or an Outstanding Council Alumni Committee will receive a certificate of honor and appreciation.
The council and each member of a 8.5 x 11 Laser Printed Distinguished Council Alumni Committee or an Outstanding Council Alumni Committee will receive a certificate of honor and appreciation